Doggie Daycare in Springfield, VA
Springfield is one of America’s most dog-friendly cities. That’s why we’re proud to help local pet parents by opening a brand new Springfield doggie daycare and boarding facility to serve local dog lovers. We’re one of the few doggie daycares to accept well-behaved, intact dogs. We also don’t discriminate by breed.
We also know how big a challenge it can be for pet parents to know where their dogs will be welcome. That’s why we’ve put together this resource page. We want you to feel comfortable spending time with your dog all over town.
Dog Parks in Springfield, VA
Springfield is home to several beautiful dog parks. If your dog has been cleared for doggie daycare he should be okay for supervised play at the dog park, as well. Take him to any of the following locations to get him the exercise he needs on the days when you’re not bringing him to us:
- Mason District Off-Leash Dog Park on Pinecrest Parkway
- Duke Street Dog Park on Duke Street
- Ben Brenman Dog Park on Brenman Park Drive
- South Run Dog Park on Reservation Drive
Link to Map (KML)
Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Springfield, VA
There aren’t as many dog-friendly restaurants in Springfield as you might find in Washington, DC or in our other location in Alexandria. Nevertheless, there are a few places where you can bring your dog to the outside tables. Keep in mind that restaurants do change their policies sometimes, so it’s always good to call ahead before you put your dog in the car.
- Z Pizza on 6699-B Frontier Drive.
- Fair Winds Brewing Company at 7000 Newington Rd. in nearby Lorton.
- Thai Ghang Waan at 7056 Spring Garden Drive.
- The Yardhouse at 6791 Springfield Mall.
- El Paso Mexican Restaurant at 6804 Commerce St.
- Eleni’s Greek Tavern at 6131 Backlick Road.
- Chuy’s Tex-Mex at 6793 Springfield Mall.
- Saratoga Pizzeria & Grill at 8050 Rolling Road.
- Bozelli’s Italian Deli at 6701-H Loisdale Rd.
Just make sure to bring your dog’s bowl and drink bowl to make sure he doesn’t feel too left out! Otherwise, you might encourage a new, bad begging habit by feeling guilty enough to offer some scraps up from your table.
Dog-Friendly Rental Properties in Springfield, VA
One of the biggest reasons why pet owners surrender dogs is because they end up having to move into a place which does not allow them. We’re going to help you avoid that fate by giving you a nice list of all of the local rental properties that are a-okay with providing a home for our canine friends and their parents.
- Saratoga Square offers dog friendly apartments without weight limits. However, they don’t allow pit bulls or pit bull mixes.
- Springfield Station allows large dogs as well as small dogs. Their website does not list any breed restrictions.
- Springfield Gardens allows dogs. There are breed and weight restrictions; you’d have to call to find out their current requirements.
This website lists a variety of pet-friendly rental homes, townhouses, and privately-owned apartment properties which you won’t necessarily find by picking up your local apartment guide. It will help you find a variety of additional options so that you can score yourself a dog-friendly home. Check back often to increase your chances of finding the home that’s right for you.
Don’t forget to look for an apartment that’s close to our facilities! If you’re looking for a rental home, there’s a good chance you won’t have enough space to give your dog all the exercise and stimulation he really needs. Enrolling him in our doggie daycare is a safe bet for ensuring he gets just that.
What our clients say about us
Very lucky to have found Reserved Barking!
They offer a military discount!
Pricing is also competitive, with great discount
Finding our Facilities
We are located at 7500 Fullerton Rd. between Angus Ct. and Boston Blvd. in Springfield, VA. We are across the street from the Metro Sealant & Waterproofing Supply and down the street from International Gourmet Foods and the Cervantes Coffee Roasters. Our spacious facility is ready to accommodate your best friend!
All you have to do is sign up for a free evaluation. We’ll see how well your dog does with other dogs, as well as with human handlers. If your dog doesn’t pass the evaluation on his first try, don’t worry. We’ll be happy to customize a training plan which will make it easy for him to pass evaluations like this one in the future. Making better canine citizens is what Reserved Barking is all about.
Springfield, VA — 22153